Why I deactivated my FB

There are a few solid reasons that drove me to this path of having my FB deactivated:

#1 It Is an Addiction
I somehow came to a simple conclusion that I might be addicted to FB. I actually sense that revelation 2 years ago but I was in a denial state. I told myself countless times that it is normal to check/ go into my FB account like everyday. I reasoned to myself by saying that checking FB is as important as checking my office emails. However, I ended up hogging and stalking people's pages most of the time. Somehow, I come to term that it is unhealthy and quite disturbing. I don't want FB to control my life and make myself a public nuisance.


#2 It Is a Silly Distraction

I discovered that my FB has becoming my number 1 priority whenever I am at thedesk. My office emails and heaps of works came later. I always say this to myself; 5 mins of FB wouldn't hurt but truth is...I ended up wasting almost 45 mins of my daily life and wandering aimlessly about..in and out of people's pages. I ended up not doing some important things. I became lazy and such an annoyance to my own self because I feel obliged to be on FB.


#3 It Ruins the Real Meaning of Friendship

I somehow noticed that I do have many friends online but only a handful who actually make an effort to really connect with me, be it virtually or face to face interaction. It has becoming quite alarming as I noticed that even friends living nearby are not meeting up but rather having short conversation via chat. Honestly speaking, I don't like the situation as it makes us lazy and becoming dependant on FB to keep in touch with friends. I hate it the most when friends don't want to meet up and would prefer to keep on chatting online and assume that is normal. I personally think that it is a selfish act as it does not foster better understanding amongst friends. So, I have people who would say :owh too bad I can't meet up or sorry I have to go somewhere and expect me to go with the flow all the time. Isn't that selfish? And I hate it when some people would in the end come up and say this: ....You know...we all busy,that is why we should just contact one another via FB...Come On...for real??! So, I deactivated my account. If you are so sincere and very much a good person, you would't mind to send me a simple msg or meet me up for a coffee.

Comments

  1. Absolutely agree with Sir. I really wish my discussion of group assignments were/are not held in facebook. Because it will make me more frequent waste my time by automatically see those videos that play automatically currently. And sometimes I will get noticed or observed some posts which indirectly let me down and recalled my bad memories. :( And it affect my emotions. How I wish facebook wouldn't exist in the future generations!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Graduation

Stiff Neck and Pillow